This course has been developed for complete novices to give them the confidence they need to enter the mats knowing they have an understanding of the basics. It will help first time students get over the initial anxieties they experience when starting a fresh. Giving them a pathway to enter into Legion 13 – beginners and mixed level programs.
It is a 5 lesson rotating curriculum which will be recurring weekly on Wednesdays at 6pm with a small class size and a least 2 coaches every lesson
EXPERIENCE LEVEL (Who is this for)
- Complete beginners with no experience
- Current White belt members with less than 2 months experience.
- White belts who have previously trained but have been out of the game and need some revision.
SKILLS (What will you learn)
- Essential grappling warm up drills
- Etiquette, class structure and procedures
- Common BJJ self-defense techniques anyone could use straight away
- How to escape and attack from the 3 dominate positions in Jiu-Jitsu
- The fundamentals of the guard top and bottom
- How to tap out and train safely
- Uniform is not required just casual workout attire and a water bottle
- Wear sandals and thongs to the academy (no footwear on the mat and wear foot wear off the mat)
- Booking online is essential if you have never been in before >>Reserve spot
- Current unlimited members: Free – only eligible if you have been training for less than 2 months
- Casual members: Can use their 10 class pass
- Non-members: First class is complimentary or to attend only the introduction 101 program for 5 classes is $99
Lets get you started!